Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hostels Suck in the Morning but Farts are Still Funny


Waking up in a hot, stuffy, stinky, sun lit room at around 8am sucks real bad.  Like I said, it smells like stagnant sweat and is filled with 15 people from around the world.  Most of the guests were still asleep with the exception of me, and a couple early risers getting ready for their day.  I was the only one who spoke English, so I closed my eyes and just listened as I tried to go back to sleep.

I really couldn’t pick up on anything, it all sounded like mish-mosh-patty-wag to me.  Still, I observed.  My neighboring bunk bed housed a couple, I’m not sure where they were from but they spoke no English.  They were packing their bags for the day and chatting quietly about random stuff.  All it took was a sleeping Spaniard to lay a nice fart to break their concentration.  There was a beautiful pause and then a nice long chuckle to follow and I held my laugh in but I was laughing inside.  It was then where I realized that there is no such thing as a universal language butt farts transcended all languages and translated in to 100% grade A laughter.

-Jack the Chipper, AKA Justin Russikoff

1 comment:

  1. Clearly, you are destined for Comedy Central, Justin.
    Just wish you'd apply your prodigious observational power and wit to... something other than bathroom humor...

    Need to work on some technicals here.
    "Most of the guests were still asleep with the exception of me, and a couple early risers getting ready for the their day," has punctuation and redundancy issues.

    Apply Annie's Fix It:
    Most of the guests were still asleep - except for me and a (clean-cut, or college-age, or hippy) couple packing their bags.

    Clarity and redundancy technical issues here:
    "There was a beautiful pause and then a nice long chuckle to follow and I held my laugh in but I was laughing inside."

    Fix-It Suggestion:
    "There was a beautiful pause and then a nice long chuckle from (who? unclear), and I held my laugh in, but was howling inside."

    ReplyDelete